My first entry for The Big Year is up! Go read!
My first entry for The Big Year is up! Go read!
1. Photo Phriday is almost ready! (assuming anyone is interested :P )
2. But at the moment I am literally dripping in sweat (literally -there are droplets of sweat puddling on the floor).
3. So I’m going to stretch, take a shower, and then finish Photo Phriday
Tuesday, August 14th, 2012
1. Today is my birthday.
2. And the above video is an example of how I will be spending my day.
3. Except instead of the all that, I will probably just go to Barnes and Noble and read and write all day. So, really, nothing like the video. But the idea behind it is the same.
4. However, I will not drink a Frappuccino because even though it is my birthday, I’m still not having any sugary drinks.
5. Later, Phil and I will most likely have a nice lunch together. He woke up super early this morning to make me French toast bake (one of my most favorite things to eat) and bacon for breakfast. He tried to be sneaky, but I woke up right away and just lay really still so he would think I was still asleep.
6. I’m really tired now, but I think it’s going to be a good day.
1. Feels like I’m striking out on here.
2. I guess no one really likes my Etsy products. They don’t get a whole lot of attention when I post links.
3. I’m losing followers instead of gaining.
4. No one really looked at Photo Phriday. That was depressing because I put in a lot of work and thought I did a pretty good job.
5. I feel like I put time into posting stuff here, and while I have made Etsy sales from that (which is awesome!) maybe I don’t get enough response to merit the time I put in.
1. So, all day yesterday I worked on something I like to call “Photo Phriday”.
2. I took a photo of everything I did yesterday and then posted all the photos on my Wordpress. I took and edited over 40 photos!
3. I worked really hard all last night but still didn’t manage to get it posted properly until this morning. >.<
4. So here is Photo Phriday on Saturday! :D http://possumtree.wordpress.com/
1. Trying to sticking to the August plan, even though I’m feeling kind of down right now.
2. The August plan: Stop Sucking - Be Awesome
3. Oh yeah 8)
1. Not that it matters, but I forgot to take a picture of the yard. TOMORROW THOUGH. Then you’ll see. And by you, I mean no one because apparently, no one is reading. *sad*
2. On the plus side, I have finished my first crochet wristlet, made in the style of the one I made myself :) I’m giving you guys a special little preview because, well, I like you!
Aaaaand because I own one myself, I can say with confidence that they are awesome! I carry mine with me everywhere - its perfect because there is plenty of room inside for all my cards, change, paper money, and phone! :) This one is a little bit bigger than mine and has the more convenient carrying handle. And a very spiffy wooden button instead of the cheapy plastic one I gave myself ;P
3. The Owl Wristlet will be available in my Etsy shop either later tonight or tomorrow morning so if you are interested, keep an eye out: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PossumTree?ref=si_shop
4. I am also accepting custom orders, so if you like the wallet, but would like it better in another color, size, or with a specific animal, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
5. Phil and I are kind of in dire straights at the moment, money wise. Thankfully, we’ve been in this position before, so it’s nothing we can’t handle, but… a little extra money from Etsy would definitely not go amiss! ;)
1. I’m so disappointed in the adults in my life right now.
2. I hope I never grow up to be so debauched.
1. All right dudes. Tomorrow I will try to find some good Maypop videos to post. Right now, I’m going to bed. Night!
1. Hey guys, just wanted to let those who care for little Maypop know that she is having some problems at the moment :(
2. I’ve talked with some rehabber friends from Florida and showed them a photo I took of Maypop’s infected area. Seems like she could be having an “anal prolapse” ? I’m a bit confused by it all, but am following their instructions as closely as I can!
3. They don’t seem very concerned and are positive she will be just fine. Hopefully it’ll start clearing up in a few days’ time.
4. I’m still pretty worried though—anything wrong with my baby always has me stressing :( So if you guys have any positive thoughts/prayers/love or what have you for Maypop, please feel free to send them along!
1. Did my five miles last night, at roughly nine minutes per mile! Feeling groooovy 8)
2. It really was like the best run I’ve had in a while! I think the weather had a lot to do with it. It wasn’t too hot and it was kind of dripping rain for a little while. Lovely.
3. Got up kind of late this morning, but it’s been straight to work. I’m going to be working on my titles, tags and descriptions on Etsy. All my promoting and pushing in the last week has got me some views but no sales :( I need sales! So hopefully this will help.
4. I also have a few new items in the works that I will try to list either this afternoon or tomorrow.
1. Mehhhhhhhhhhhh. I’ve completed all the cleaning I wanted to get done today except for the art room. And I really don’t want to go do it >.<
2. Part of the reason is I have done about zero exercise in the last two days and I really need to do my three mile run.
3. And it’s raining right now which is perfect for running, but I don’t want to run on these country roads without Phil with me on the bike and if it’s raining, he can’t go cos of his cast.
4. MEH. Guess I could just give it up as a bad job. Or just go for a little run because that’s better than nothing.
5. Or I could just go clean the art room.
6. ORRR get more frozen cherries and continue to sit on my butt while surfing the Etsy forums! xD
1. Oh my goodness, I was craving pie so badly last night. Like… chicken pot pie. It’s probably a good thing we didn’t have any of the right ingredients in the house or I would have been awake at midnight, stuffing my face with pie. Seriously, I feel like I would have eaten an entire full size pie last night. I’m so hungry all the time these days!
2. I think I’ve actually been pretty good with healthy eating over the last few weeks. I’ve lost at least three pounds in the last month! Hard to know exactly with all the fluctuating and whatnot, but I’m still quite pleased ;)
3. My Christmas in July sale on Etsy is still going on, and I’ve been working really hard on my shop. What I really need to do right now is go clean my art room because it’s such a wreck I can’t even work in it >.< But I don’t feel like cleaning. Sigh. I’m just going to post more photos of Maypop instead :P
1. All right you guys. Tomorrow is the big day. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of the year! :D
2. July first is awesome, because it’s kind of like new years—only it’s just the halfway point. It’s a great point to re-evaluate all the goals and “resolutions” you made in January. To tweak, or to just start over! I always find that the second half of my year is better than my first—mainly because I don’t like Spring and I usually don’t enjoy it. And because the second half of the year has all the major holidays and I LOVE the holiday season!
3. ANYWAY. One of mine and Phil’s new “resolutions” is to not have ANY sugary drinks until after my marathon in October.
4. I’m actually not too bad with sugary drinks. I drank chocolate milk every morning from the time when I was a kid until just a year ago and since then, I really haven’t drunk much other than water on regular basis. I did drink orange juice some mornings (actually stopped doing that two weeks ago). I’ve never been big into soda and Phil hates carbonated drinks (doesn’t like the bubbles) so that has never been an issue with us. The main issue has been things like Frappuccinos and (in the last two months or so) milkshakes! It has been bad, both health wise and money wise. We have cut back in the last few weeks, but I really want to go gung-ho now! Nothing but water and milk for us for the next three and a half months!
5. Tonight, however, I thought maybe we should have one last hurrah. We have often gone into our local Starbucks cafe (in our Barnes and Noble) and Venti frappes. But we’re not made of money and a tall or, on occasion, a Grande, we always sufficient. But, just for the hell of it, it would be pretty awesome to order a Venti something sometime. I’ve never ordered a venti anything so we’re pondering going for it. Each ordering a Venti Java Chip Frappuccino!
6. Sounds cool, but to be honest, I’m not sure I can handle it. I actually haven’t had a Frappe in a while and whenever we get milkshakes from the Coffee Shack (which I think come in medium by default) we usually split it.
7. Just looked up the Nutrition Facts for the Venti Java Chip and…it’s very frightening! :P